Nationally Recognised Training
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) – WA
Statement of Attainment
Unit of Competency: SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
Responsible practices must be undertaken wherever alcohol is sold or served, including where alcohol samples are served during on-site product tastings.
This unit applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises, including security staff, and incorporates the knowledge requirements under WA liquor licensing law for personnel engaged in the sale or service of alcohol.
- This course is contextualised for Western Australia and references the Liquor Control Act 1988.
- For other States/Territories, please check with your licensing authority to see if this course satisfies their requirements.
See Clubs WA RSA if you only need an RSA when volunteering/working in a Western Australian premises
under a Club/Club Restricted or Occasional Licence (unless otherwise required by RGL).
The assessment tools for SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol consist of:
- Knowledge Assessments (Online)
- Practical Assessments (Video Submission or Zoom/Face-to-Face by appointment. An additional fee of $50 will apply for Zoom/Face-to-Face)
Upon successful completion of the unit, learners will be able to:
- Provide sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in a licensed premises.
- Apply for a Restricted Approved Manager ID card in Western Australia.
- Upon receipt of an Restricted Approved Manager ID card, you may seek employment as the Approved Manager of a Western Australian premises under a Club/Club Restricted or Occasional Licence*
- Please see FAQs for further information.
*Unless otherwise required by RGL
- Payment is not made at the time of enrolment, an invoice will be issued.
- Payment in full must be received prior to your Practical Assessments being marked.
Clubs WA Member Pricing
Members, volunteers and staff of Clubs WA Members are able to purchase this course for $34.30.
- If you don’t know the club’s discount code, contact Clubs WA to take advantage of Clubs WA Member Pricing.
- To enrol, a valid email address is required
- During enrolment, acceptance of the following terms and conditions is required:
- I declare that the information I have provided is, to the best of my knowledge, true and correct; and
- I declare that I will be the person undertaking the training and assessment; and
- I have reviewed and accept the terms and conditions as provided in the Student Handbook.
Note: All courses have a time limit of 3-months from the date of registration for training and assessment to be completed.
Prior to issuance of your Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol, you will be required to provide evidence that you have satisfactorily gained the required skills and knowledge to sell or serve alcohol.
This is an ungraded, competency-based assessment. You will be assessed as performing ‘Satisfactory’ or ‘Not Yet Satisfactory’ on each assessment.
To satisfactorily complete your training, you must demonstrate 100% competency for the:
- Knowledge Assessments (Online)
- Practical Assessments (Video Submission or Zoom/Face-to-Face by appointment. A additional fee of $50 will apply for Zoom/Face-to-Face)
- Authenticity Video/Identification (Submission)
- Knowledge Assessment Verification (Telephone)
- Student Handbook – download from website or student portal
- Student Training Manual – download from student portal
- E-Learning Materials – view online via link from student portal
- Online Assessments – complete from student portal
- Practical Assessments – download student instructions from student portal
- Valid email address
- Computer or internet capable phone/tablet with:
- audio/video/video-capture/webcam; and
- PDF reading capability