Nationally Recognised Training
SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
Statement of Attainment
Unit of Competency: SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
Responsible practices must be undertaken wherever alcohol is sold or served, including where alcohol samples are served during on-site product tastings.
This unit applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises, including security staff, and incorporates the knowledge requirements under WA liquor licensing law for personnel engaged in the sale or service of alcohol.
- This course is contextualised for Western Australia and references the Liquor Control Act 1988.
For other States/Territories, please check with your licensing authority to see if this course satisfies their requirements.
Upon successful completion of the unit, learners will be able to:
- Provide sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in a licensed premises.
- Apply for a Restricted Approved Manager ID card in Western Australia.
- Upon receipt of an Restricted Approved Manger ID card, you may seek employment as the Approved Manager of a Western Australian premises under a Club/Club Restricted or Occasional Licence*
- Please see FAQs for further information.
*Unless otherwise required by RGL
Clubs WA Member Pricing
Members, volunteers and staff of Clubs WA Members are able to purchase this course for $34.30.
- If you don’t know the club’s discount code, contact Clubs WA to take advantage of Clubs WA Member Pricing.
If you are currently an overseas student or in Australia on a Student Visa you are NOT eligible to enrol into this course with Clubs WA (Hospitality Alliance Training) as we are not CRICOS/ELICOS registered.
For further information visit the CRICOS website at: http://cricos.education.gov.au.
- To enrol, a valid email address is required
- During enrolment, acceptance of the following terms and conditions is required:
- I declare that the information I have provided is, to the best of my knowledge, true and correct; and
- I declare that I will be the person undertaking the training and assessment; and
- I have reviewed and accept the terms and conditions as provided in the Student Handbook; and
- I am not an Overseas Student as defined in Section 5 of the ESOS Act 2000.***
- Please Note: In all instances of receiving a foreign passport or ImmiCard, Clubs WA (Hospitality Alliance Training) will verify the student’s study entitlements using VEVO.
- ***If you are unsure if you are eligible to complete the course, please contact Clubs WA.
Note: All courses have a time limit of 3-months from the date of registration for training and assessment to be completed.
Prior to issuance of your Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol, you will be required to provide evidence that you have satisfactorily gained the required skills and knowledge to sell or serve alcohol.
This is an ungraded, competency-based assessment. You will be assessed as performing ‘Satisfactory’ or ‘Not Yet Satisfactory’ on each assessment.
To satisfactorily complete your training, you must:
- Demonstrate 100% competency for the Knowledge Assessments (online); and
- Demonstrate 100% competency for the Practical Assessments (video submitted or face-to-face); and
- Submit a video:
- Stating your full name and date of birth
- Showing satisfactory identification
- Verbally confirming you were the person that undertook the online assessment
- Verbally confirming you are not in Australia on a Student Visa
- Submit a copy of the identification used in the above video
- Verbally verify your identity and competency of the knowledge-based assessment.
- Student Handbook – download from website or student portal
- Student Training Manual – download from student portal
- E-Learning Materials – view online via link from student portal
- Online Assessments – complete from student portal
- Practical Assessments – download student instructions from student portal
- Valid email address
- Computer or internet capable phone/tablet with:audio/video/video-capture/webcam; and
- PDF reading capability