Nationally Recognised Training
MLPLCA001 – Manage legislative requirements for the sale, supply and service of liquor
Statement of Attainment
Unit of Competency: MLPLCA001 – Manage legislative requirements for the sale, supply and service of liquor
This unit is designed for Unrestricted Approved Managers.
- Mandatory training as specified by the State Licensing Authority (Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor) for Unrestricted Approved Managers.
Successful completion of this unit will demonstrate compliance with the mandatory knowledge requirements as specified by the Liquor Control Act 1988;
and satisfy the training requirement for persons for an Unrestricted Approved Manager ID card in WA.
- Application for an Unrestricted Approved Manager ID card is made through the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor at https://portal.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/.
- Racing, Gaming and Liquor current fees for the Approved Manager card can be found on the RGL website.
Prior to the issuance of your statement of Attainment, evidence of the follow pre-requisite training must be provided:
- Statement of Attainment: SITHFAB021 – Provide responsible service of alcohol (or equivalent)
A Statement of Attainment for Nationally Registered Training (NRT) in the Unit of Competency issued by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is required.
- Statements of Attainment are issued by an RTO to certify the completion of one or more units or modules from a VET qualification, or the completion of an accredited short course.
- Please see FAQs for further information
Upon successful completion of the unit, learners will be able to apply for an Unrestricted Approved Manager ID card in Western Australia
- Upon receipt of an Approved Manger ID card, you may seek employment as the Approved Manager of a licensed premises in Western Australia.
- You will not be an Approved Manager until you have lodged your application with Racing, Gaming and Liquor and finalised at a participating Australia Post outlet.
- Please see FAQs for further information
- Payment is not made at the time of enrolment, an invoice will be issued.
- Payment in full must be received prior to Assessment 5 being marked.
Clubs WA Member Pricing
Members, volunteers and staff of Clubs WA Members are able to purchase this course for $104.30
If you don’t know the club’s discount code, contact Clubs WA to take advantage of Clubs WA Member Pricing.
If you are currently an overseas student or in Australia on a Student Visa you are NOT eligible to enrol into this course with Clubs WA (Hospitality Alliance Training) as we are not CRICOS/ELICOS registered.
For further information visit the CRICOS website at: http://cricos.education.gov.au.
- Self-paced, with the flexibility to log off and on as often as you wish.
Estimated Duration (to complete learning materials and assessments): minimum 8-hours
- Actual time required will depend upon a student’s learning capability along with their current level of knowledge and understanding of this topic.
- Note: this does not include the marking of the assessments/verifications, which will be done during standard office hours Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4:30pm), excluding public holidays.
- To enrol, a valid email address is required
- During enrolment, acceptance of the following terms and conditions is required:
- I declare that the information I have provided is, to the best of my knowledge, true and correct; and
- I declare that I will be the person undertaking the training and assessment; and
- I have reviewed and accept the terms and conditions as provided in the Student Handbook; and
- I am not an Overseas Student as defined in Section 5 of the ESOS Act 2000.***
- Please Note: In all instances of receiving a foreign passport or ImmiCard, Clubs WA (Hospitality Alliance Training) will verify the student’s study entitlements using VEVO.
- ***If you are unsure if you are eligible to complete the course, please contact Clubs WA.
Note: All courses have a time limit of 3-months from the date of registration for training and assessment to be completed.
Prior to issuance of your Statement of Attainment for MLPLCA001 – Manage legislative requirements for the sale, supply and service of liquor, you will be required to provide evidence that you have satisfactorily gained the required skills and knowledge to undertake the role of a Manager in a licensed premises in accordance with the conditions of the Liquor Licence and requirements of the Liquor Control Act 1988.
This is an ungraded, competency-based assessment. You will be assessed as performing ‘Satisfactory’ or ‘Not Yet Satisfactory’ on each assessment.
To satisfactorily complete your training, you must:
- Demonstrate 100% competency for the Knowledge Assessments (online); and
- Submit a video:
- Stating your full name and date of birth
- Showing satisfactory identification
- Verbally confirming you were the person that undertook the online assessment
- Verbally confirming you are not in Australia on a Student Visa
- Submit a copy of the identification used in the above video
- Verbally verify your identity and competency of the knowledge-based assessment.
- Student Handbook – download from website and student portal
- Student Training Manual – download from student portal
- E-Learning Materials – view online via link from student portal
- Assessments – complete from student portal
- Valid email address
- Computer or internet capable phone/tablet with:audio/video/video-capture/webcam; and
- PDF reading capability